Hey everyone,
I just wanted to tell everyone about what boat names reveal about the passions, lifestyle and or personality of a boat owner. The top 10 names for 2007 were:
1. Black Pearl:
The name of a fast, stealthy and intimidating fictional ship from the Disney Pirates of the Caribbean films and was probably named by the kids.
2. Liberty:
Appeared on the top ten list just after 9-11, shows the owners clear passion about the freedoms enjoyed in the U.S.
3. Second Wind:
The owner most likely had a life changing experience and feels that their boat gives them a second lease on life.
4. Amazing Grace:
A boat name borrowed from a hymn that provides the owner with a new spiritual outlet.
5. Aquahlic:
Shows the boat owners chronic love for the waterways. Probably the first one out in the morning and the last one in at the end of the day.
6. Knot on Call:
Someone that probably works in a professional field and shows their desires to break away from the pressures.
7. Second Chance:
See number 3, Second Wind
8. Wanderlust:
Defined as one who has a very strong urge to travel the waterways.
9. The Dog House:
Being in the dog house isn't necessarily a bad name for the boat owner, just a walled off escape from everyday distractions in life.
10. Carpe Diem Or Seas The Day:
The boat owner believes that boating allows them to enjoy life to the fullest.

Posted Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:56 pm

I had my little bass boat for 6 years before I even thought to give her a name.

That's probably since she's so diminutive. At only 10ft 2in, she's not going to intimidate any but the tiniest fry. (Not even a full grown minnow!) I had never even put numbers on her hull--she resided on a private pond 100% of the time.

Sadly, we moved away from that pond and she sat, for well over 3 whole years without any use. Well, once my daughter got old enough to fish, AND tolerated her first fishing trip/boat trip well, we went back and got the boat, cleaned her up, and brought her to Alabama.

To cut out much of the story, when I got her registered and her hull numbers on, I felt moved to name my boat "Little Nellie."

That is in honor of Nellie Organ, a little girl who lived from 1903 to 1908. She received special graces from God, always loved Him, and loved going to church from as young as she could talk. She always referred to Him as "Holy God" even though nobody knew anyone to have taught her that term. She then grew sick and died from the same disease that had taken her mother when Nellie was about 2 1/2. Right up until her death she kept on exhibiting evidence of extra-ordinary graces from God.

To me, the name "Little Nellie" signifies the preciousness of all children, and the hope that my children will grow to love God, and love worshipping God as did little Nellie Organ.

Plus, given the small size of my boat, that name seemed appropriate since the real little Nellie was so small herself.

Posted Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:23 pm

AL Fish Finder

Social Links