I am intending to fish the Clay County Lakes (a.k.a. locally as Delta Lakes) on 27Sep08. I am taking my eldest daughter (4 yrs old) for her second fishing trip.

I have heard that it has very good fishing for Bream. That is my favorite kind of fishing. I hope that she has as much fun learning to fish on Bream as I did when I was young.

If the weather cooperates and nobody's too sick to go, I'll let you all know how we did.

Posted Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:29 am

Well, tried 2 of the 3 lakes, the Upper and Lower. Actually they are large man-made ponds, but they are beautifully kept. Well worth the $3 admission fee and the $3 boat launch fee.

The middle lake was fairly well covered up--presumably because it's the biggest and the easiest to get to. We had the Upper lake all to ourselves and the Lower nearly so.

Unfortunately nobody was doing any good that day. At least I got 2 nice boat rides with my daughter.

Spent most of the time untangling her line and cutting and tying on different lures. Even tried worm dunking for a little while, but 4 year olds historically don't do so well with the sit-and-wait methods. ;>

Did see one fish, about a 6-inch what looked like a bluegill followed the lure up to the boat, but no strikes whatsoever.

I guess we'll have to wait to see if they have the big bream here that the gentleman who referred me to this lake was talking about.

You can see "My Trips" for photos of this outting.

Posted Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:41 pm

AL Fish Finder

Social Links