Hey everyone,
It's rlt here. I just wanted to share some facts that I have observed over about 45 years of fishing. If I had to choose 4 things that help me to decide when it's time to go fishing they would be the moon and what phase it is in, weather and barometric pressure, water temperature and the sun, in that order of importance to me. More trophy fish hace been caught and recorded in the record books before, during and after either a full moon or new moon. The approching of inclement weather fronts which make the barometer rise or fall is a very good guideline to use when planning a fishing trip. As everyone knows the water temperature has a lot to do in predicting where the fish will be and pretty much at what depth they can be found. Winter and very hot summertime the majority of fish will be deep and spring and fall they will be somewhere in between deep to shallow. Of course there will be exceptions but, as a rule of thumb, the above aforementioned will apply. Also, most fisherman know that first light of day (Dawn) and last light of day (Dusk) fish always seem to feed more than other times of the day. In my past experience one of the best times to go fishing, if you can, is before, during or after a full moon or new moon with an approching front coming in, that would be my best advice to any fisherman and you can take that one tip to the bank, so to speak. There are two other times that are even better than the one I just mentioned but, you can't give out all of your secrets now can you?
Gone fishing,

rlt Go Fish

Posted Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:59 am

thanks for that tip i didnt know that.ive just been going when ever its a pretty day or when i get the time.

Posted Mon May 09, 2011 12:56 am

thanks for the great info Rit I knew bout the moon for cat but never gave the rest of it any thought like my bro bassman I just go when time permits.

Posted Sun May 22, 2011 8:18 pm

AL Fish Finder

Social Links