Hinze dam is another stocked water supply dam close to where I live. It is around 45 miles away situated just behing the tourist area of the Gold Coast.
Being winter over here I launched just on daylight at 6am.
Looked like it was going to be a nice day with glassed out conditions with a bit of mist on the water.
Water temp 63 degrees f and air temp 11 degrees c.
This is my boat it is a 30 year old tinney with lots of welds and dints.
It really shows its age but being 14odd feet long and a beam of 6 feet it is nice and stable. It is powered by a stern mount 55lb minnkota and a 55lb bow mount that I have converted to an i-pilot.

Here is a couple of shots of the dam.

We were fishing on the edge of a drop off with the i-pilot keeping us in around 30 feet of water.
Mate got the first fish of the day.

It is now spawning season so the fish are quite fat.
The australian bass need salt/brackish water to spawn and as these fish are landlocked they will reabsorb the roe/melts at the end of the season in around 3 months time.
We ended up with a hot bite catching over 80 bass and 5 tandanus all caught on live shrimp.
We ran out of bait at 10.30 so headed back to the ramp and home. Here are a few more shots of the bass.
Quite a few double hookups.

Tandanus

All fish released. There is an in possession limit of 2 bass and 10 tandanus per person.
If anyone wants to have a look at our local fishing scene over here I belong to a site called http://www.brisbanefishing.com.au/ you will have to join up to have a look around but you will be made very welcome.
Cheers
Ray

Posted Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:47 am

AL Fish Finder

Social Links