I have not yet been camping in Alabama. I hope to as soon as the kids get bigger.

I welcome any and all ideas on where would be a good place to start.

(I did spend a short weekend in the DeSoto Falls Park, but that was in an RV, and I don't consider that camping--it's more like mobile hotelling! lol)

DeSoto Falls was nice.

Posted Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:55 pm

Hey Buddy,
My family and I really like Guntersville State Park, They have a really nice boat launch, nice camp ground, hiking trails, events for th kids, a playground, voleyball, basketball, tennis, a beach. It is impossible to get board there. Check them out at Guntersvillestatepark.com

Posted Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:27 pm

My daughter and I fished there once. Went well. She caught her first fish ever from Lake Guntersville. It was a bream.

We went to a pond in Georgia last July, she caught about 3 or 4, and we went "camping" there on the property. (It was within site of the cabin on the place, she's only 5 so if she left the tent, I wanted her to have a better than even chance of not getting lost!) However, it was a good way to get our feet wet camping-wise. She loved it, especially reading her night-time story in the tent by lamplight.

We hope to go again soon. I hadn't thought of Guntersville for camping, will think of it now though!

Thanks for the tip!

Posted Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:00 pm

AL Fish Finder

Social Links