Oxford, AL

Brad's BBQ

This restaurant is located in Oxford, on Hwy 78, parallel to I-20. It is located on 78, on the north side of the road, between exits 185 & 188 on I-20.

Brad's has good BBQ as its name implies, but I always go there for the catfish. It's the best I've found around this area. The owners are private, independent buisnessmen, and it is family owned. This family has a good work ethic and their restaurant has always been clean EVERY time I've ever visited there.

They also serve whiting there. This fish also benefits from the Brad's way of cooking fish and is very good. However, IMO, the catfish is the star of Brad's lineup.

If you like it spicy-hot, Brad's also serves a very good hot sauce which compliments the fish and their batter extremely well.

DISCLAIMER: I have NO financial interest in this restaurant and do NOT know the owners personally. I have never even met them, other than being a customer in their restaurant.

I just like their business ethic and love their fish and wanted to give them a plug. I also wanted to help out those of you who may be in this area and want a good piece of fish.

Last edited by hammerdoc on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:58 am

Thomaston, GA

Riverbend Restaurant

Located between Thomaston, GA and Sprewell Bluff State Park, GA, about 13 miles from Thomaston on Riverbend Rd off of Highway 38.

This is one of those hard-to-find, out-of-the-way places in the middle of nowhere that has mind-blowingly FANTASTIC food, and is so good that you leave, stunned and stuffed, hardly believing that the great dining experience you just had could possibly have been real.

IF you manage to find it, turning off the highway onto the little access road which serves only this restaurant, one has the feel of arriving at a dog fight or some other clandestine country undertaking hidden deep in the woods.

Alternately, it feels like stumbling upon some extradimensional jewel out of time, which you could have driven by a million times without finding, and may never find again unless you are there when the stars line up exactly right again.

This place flat-out has THE best catfish I have ever tasted in any restaurant, anywhere at any time. You know that the fish is good when the fact that it is all-you-can-eat is merely a side benefit!

However, not only the catfish, but also the coleslaw and the french fries are also absolutely fresh and first rate. You can immediately tell that these french fries were whole and cut from the spud immediately prior to frying.

This restaurant is SO good, that even if you live 100 miles away, it is EASILY worth the trip for this food alone. How else could a restaurant literally in the middle of NOWHERE, almost impossible to find on your own, AND HAS NEVER ADVERTISED, be so good that it's ALWAYS full--with a wait most of the time--even after having expanded the restaurant 3 times?

The friends who led us here the first time, routinely travel 40 minutes each way to and from this restaurant. They are blessed to live so close!

On the other hand, perhaps it's good that I live over 3 hours from this restaurant--otherwise I'd weigh at least twice as much as I do now!!!

DISCLAIMER: I have NO financial interest in this restaurant and do NOT know the owners personally. To the best of my knowledge I have never even met them, unless I did without knowing it while a customer in their restaurant.

Posted Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:43 pm

AL Fish Finder

Social Links