Ok, I feel just a LITTLE sheepish posting my little boat in the POWERboat section--and downright intimidated that it's the FIRST post!

However, I have a little Basshound 10.2 with a Minn Kota 28lb thrust electric motor. I can't talk about it in the sail or rowboat section. (although it IS small enough to row, it doesn't have oars)

It's a great boat for any calm water. I can go in a big reservoir and slower, calmer rivers. However, its electric motor also gets me into the smaller ponds and lakes where gasoline engines are banned. There is some GOOD fishing in some of these fuel-restricted waters!

The other really great thing about it is that I got the whole thing for well under $1000. In 2002 when I bought it, money was a big consideration. I couldn't have afforded anything much more expensive. It was $795 at Sam's Club and that included the motor--the only thing I had to buy was a battery! Not bad for a boat that includes Coast Guard approved Nav. and anchor lights, a pre-wired livewell and everything!

Posted Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:34 pm

Sounds like a great little fishing boat. I had a 16ft Monarch crappie boat that I added raised decks to so I could bass fish more easily out of it. It had a 38lb trolling motor and 48 special evinrude. It was also great to get into some of those backwater slews and were the big boats couldnt go.

But as it goes, I had to have something with a bit more room and I got tired of being passed in the tournaments. I sold it and bought a 2000 Stratos 21SS Extreme, with a 225 Evinrude. Dont get me wrong, I love it, and I dont get passed much anymore, but is cant get to some of the places I used to go. Guess thats just a trade off i will have to live with. But on the bright side, my wife now fishes the tournaments with me and love its. So I guess it worked out for the best, we do get to spend some quality time together now.

Hold on to that boat, you will probably catch some of your best fish in those places the big boats fear to tread. Smile

Posted Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:19 am

Oh yeah. If you can get your wife in the boat fishing with you and liking it you've got something well worth almost any trade-off!

My wife used to love fishing, but with a 5 year old plus 2 children 2 and under . . . well, we'll get back to it eventually!

Posted Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:44 pm

Funny thing:

I finally took that little boat off the privately owned 3 acre pond I bought if for and registered it so that I could take it to reservoirs, etc. There almost wasn't room on the bow for the "bow" number and registration sticker--it almost reached back to the stern!

Posted Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:53 pm

AL Fish Finder

Social Links